Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Green Smoothie

I've been drinking a chocolate, peanut butter, banana smoothie for lunch; a smoothie my middle sister makes. It is actually somewhat healthy and sugar free! So, I was craving it today, but also wanting to use my spinach to get some greens in my system. The result? Absolutely AMAZING! I should have doubled this recipe just for me!

Green Smoothie:

1 banana
1-2 cups milk (just happened to have some, since we've been making sugar-free ice cream like crazy)
1 big spoonful of almond butter
1 spoonful of honey
fill the blender up with spinach
about two handfuls of ice cubes

This is my oldest sister's version of her green smoothie, if nothing else, just to check out her blog because she is one cool chic!  http://californiapixie.com/2012/05/09/tales-of-a-good-green-smoothie/

Chocolate, Peanut butter, Banana Smoothie:

1 banana
1-2 cups milk
1 spoonful honey
2 big spoonfuls peanut butter
2 big spoonfuls cocoa powder
6 or more ice cubes

Its like the peanut butter choc ice cream at Baskin Robbins (or Basket Robbins...thanks to my littlest ray of sunshine)!

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment