Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Random Posting

From one extreme to the other: As I leave a store today, a helpful customer is standing by the door opening it for anyone coming or going.  This eager customer resembles my Aunt Jan. It made me grin big.  I miss that cute Jan.  Then I get in the car and start cutting through the parking lot, I'm aware of a car that has the "right of way" through the parking lot, so I stop. Well, the teen driving the car gives me the biggest bird I have ever seen, or should I say the first I have ever received?! I found myself just smiling big. I followed him out of the parking lot hoping that he could see my big smile through his rear view mirror. And my thought was-  I'm glad there are Aunt Jan's in this world, helping us to see life as it really is. That helpful customer made my day and anything else that happened, didn't matter.

2 comments:

  1. you're kidding?! What?! I need to have more reactions like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon got "the bird" this morning when a kid almost mowed him down in a crosswalk. Brandon yelled "HEY!" The kid stopped his car, rolled down his window, yelled at Brandon and our dog, gave him the bird and sped off. LOVE those moments! I'm with you Brenda, a smile is the best revenge!

    ReplyDelete