Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thai Heaven






Curry in a Hurry...use to be a place to eat in SLC. Not sure if it is still there, but this meal was whipped up in a hurry and it turned out divine. I had left over jasmine rice from a previous meal and a bunch of rice paper and these wonderful ingredients to make peanut sauce. I lost the recipe (given to me from the owner of the Asian market), so what is listed is what I threw together...and I liked it!

Thai Curry Rice

Saute 1/2 chopped onion, 1 bell pepper, 3 cloves garlic in olive oil. Add 2 cups chicken stock, 1 can coconut milk, chopped carrots, handful of chopped cilantro, handful of spinach. Season (to your liking) with chili paste (1 tsp), curry powder (2 tsp), and soy sauce. Simmer then add already cooked jasmine rice. Simmer until thickened and ready to eat. If I had these on hand, I would have thrown them in too: juice of a lime and fresh ginger.

Thai Spring Roll
Chop up veggies. This one had lettuce, carrot, cucumber, green onion. Hold rice paper under hot tap water until soft. Takes only seconds. Place veggies in the center and wrap sides in then bring bottom up and tuck, roll up to the top.

Thai Peanut Sauce
These measurements are all approximate and I used my large spoon for the Tablespoon.
1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 T. plum sauce, 1 T. Hoisin Sauce, 1/2-1 cup peanut sauce, soy sauce- just a bit. Add whatever more it needs to taste how you want it.

1 comment: