Friday, October 4, 2013

Marmoleum Click

Can't wait for them to make all my favorites in the Click!! This stuff is amazing.

For any wanderers who are finding this site because you may be interested in Marmoleum...I want to share what I LOVE about it, in case it helps with your decision. I chose it not having seen it installed, and not having talked to anyone who had it installed.  The only blogs I found were from those who only had it in laundry rooms.  All I can say, is this product has exceeded my expectations and here is why:

1-The click (opposed to the sheet goods) already has a protective coating, unlike the sample you will most likely be looking at. The downside is there are only so many colors in the click. There are endless colors in the sheets or tiles. They are harder to install and take a trained installer to heat-weld the seams.
2-The finish is a matte looking finish, smooth to the touch. I had to put mats under my rugs so they don't slide. The kids have enjoyed sock-skating, and will eventually want to roller blade, but I'm not sure about that yet!
3- The installer said this is the best product he has installed for a long time...he installs floors every week.
4- He also said that the seam fits tighter than any other "click" product he has worked with. That is exactly what I wanted. In my mind, no seams=no dirt! It is hard to see the seems. The back is lined with cork, instead of putting a pad down underneath. The cork grips the sub floor and isn't moving anywhere. He had just repaired a laminate floor that pulled apart at the seam. He said that won't ever happen with this.
5- Cleaning is easy. Dust mop or vacuum and an occasional damp mop. 
6-I didn't want a set pattern. The click looks just like the sheet. Since this product is not a laminate, it all molds together like one big oil painting! 

So far, nothing has fallen or dinged the floor, so I'm not sure how that well be, but streaks from shoes come right off with a damp mop.




Great match to the existing bamboo.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! quick question - what color marmoleum is it? We're trying to decide about our own floor and I'm looking for pictures of either red copper or sahara - is it one of those? thanks!

    ReplyDelete